Friday, October 29, 2010

An accident happens so fast ...


In August this year, my husband and I decided, it is time to get a friend for our Jack Russel, Noga. We decided we wanted to get a Labrador. I wanted a white Labrador and he wanted a Black one.


We searched Gumtree to find Labradors for sale. I saw a photo of a black Labrador and I changed my mind I wanted a black Labrador.
We found the price that suited us. It was people in Rawsonville that sold the Labrador puppies. We were on our way to Laingsburg and told the lady if there are still puppies left on that Sunday on our way home we will take one.
On Sunday we drove back and we went to Rawsonville and we chose a female and called her EVA.


Noga the Jack Russel wasn’t impressed with her new friend; she was the only child and received all the attention. Now there was another dog, why? The second day Noga realised this is a cool friend. They try out wrestling moves and I am sure they would be able to act on WWE.
EVA the Labrador is twice Noga the Jack Russel’s size, but the Jack Russel is very strong and puts the Labrador on her place.


On 26 October 2010 it was my mothers Birthday and my brothers were also at my mom’s place. Eva was very excited to see my Brother. Nor I, nor my husband was in the same room as Eva and my brother, the next minute we just heard Eva crying and making a noise. Noga, off course also needed to make a noise.
We ran into the room and asked what happened? My brother explained that Eva jumped over his legs and tripped and fell. Eva couldn’t walk and it really hurt.


My husband and I took Eva to the 24 hour emergency unit at the Animal hospital. The vet couldn’t see anything, gave her an injection and said we needed to be back the following morning at 08:00 for X-rays.


So yesterday morning at 08:00 we booked Eva in for X-rays. The doctor phoned before 11:00 and told me Eva broke her shin bone and it was a spiral break.
Luckily she doesn’t need an operation at this stage. Her whole leg is bandaged and we need to take her to the Vet every week to redress the bandage for four weeks. They will take an X-ray by the 3rd week to see if the leg is healed. We truly hope it will healed and not need an operation. This will not be good, in terms of our budget and also in terms of Noga’s sanity. Noga cannot understand why Eva can’t play with her.


The doctor asked us to do something impossible. Keep the dog still; this is very difficult for a puppy.


An accident happens so fast and no one can believe that Eva broke her leg, this usually doesn’t happen to puppies.


This experience prepares us for children one day and teaches us patience and perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment