Sunday, October 24, 2010

Have you figured out the second head fake?

According to Wikipedia there are two kinds of Head Fakes.
The one is a Sports term used when a player moves their head to fake a change in direction. We use to call it a Dodge. You would fool your opposition player.

The second head fake is in the market place specifically trading a head fake is when it appears in the market that the market would be moving in one directions but it actually ends up moving the other way. E.g. the stocks might look like it is going up but then the price falls and then everything goes down.

I have not figured out my head fake, I have learn during the years that life happens while we were making other plans. Yes sometimes you plan something and with slight changes the plan mostly comes together and ends up the way you thought of it. But I have experienced that most of the times, things in your personal life does not go according to your plan.

If I can share a personal example: My husband and I wanted to sell our One bedroom flat and we decided we were not going to go through an estate agent but will be selling it ourselves. So we had a few people interested in our Advert on Gumtree. The Estate Agent knew we wanted to sell and she asked if they cannot also be the sole proprietor and market. We then agreed and thought ok this will probably go quick.

So in November 2009 a friend of us, Jack Russel got puppies and we said we wanted one, thinking that our flat will sell in a months time and then we will have a house. See were were not allowed to have dogs in the Security complex. So we sneaked in the puppy every evening and sneaked out every morning. But one night the puppy fell of the bed and the sneaking in and out was something in the past. We then moved in with my parents, thinking again it won't take long to sell the flat.

Eventually after 7 months we sold the flat and in August 2010 we moved into our new house.

So you see things don't always work out the way you want it to work out. You think you have control over your own head fake, but you don't.

I rather leave the planning up to God, this also helps with my stress levels and worries, because I know it is not in my hands and my control.

No comments:

Post a Comment