Sunday, October 3, 2010

A list of my top 200 achievements.



This is not an easy topic to write about. Firstly I don’t like to write and boast about my achievements and secondly I don’t think I have had 200 achievements. But hey let’s give this a GO, they say that you need to learn marketing skills to market yourself.
The below achievements are in no particular order.
1. I passed Sub A to Standard 9.
2. I passed Grade 12 in 2001.
3. I was Head Girl of JG Meiring High School in 2001.
4. In Grade 7 I was part of the Student Council in Primary School
5. I passed UNISA music (theory and piano) exams up until Grade 3 in Primary School.
6. I did Eisteddfod in Primary and High School.
7. In Grade 12 I received the Louwtjie Rothman Trophy the most prestigious award in JG Meiring High School.
8. In Grade 8 & 9 I was chosen for the Co-ed athletics team –Inter schools between 4 high schools.
9. I have been a youth leader in church since the age of 16.
10. During my internship at a Travel company I wrote an article that was published on an international website.
11. I bought my first car when I was 21 years old
12. I received my Advance Certificate in Journalism
13. I received the best journalist student during my studies in 2002
14. I received my diploma in Public Relations Management in 2004
15. I published an article in Die Burger on Wind Engineering on the CTICC
16. I was part of the PR 2 students that was chosen to form part of the newspaper team Krit at the KKNK Oudthsoorn in 2003
17. In 2004, 2006 & 2007 I got promoted at work.
18. I received a performance bonus for two consecutive years at work.
19. I am a Fire walker. I walked on 900 Degrees Celsius coals in 2009.
20. I abseiled twice in my life.
21. I am the proud owner of a 1 year old Jack Russel and a 12 week old Labrador, I think it is an achievement to bring up these two dogs.
22. I am a Cultural site guide for the Western Cape.
23. I completed the Tree top canopies tour in the Tsitsikamma Forest. (The longest stretch from one tree to another was 70 metres and the highest 40 metres.)
24. I worked 13 hour shifts for three weeks in a photoshop in Canal Walk during December/January 2000-2001.
25. I grew up with two younger brothers and am the only daughter. (So I have determination and nerves of steel.)
26. I passed my learners license the second time.
27. I passed my driver’s license the first time.
28. I went on my first international trip to Scotland and England in 2009.
29. I got married to a great man in 2007. (You would think why is this an achievement well, after 3 years I am still happily married.)
30. My husband and I sold our flat in 2010 after 8 months.
31. My husband and I bought a one bedroom flat in 2007.
32. My husband and I bought a house in 2010
33 – 200 I will aspire to achieve.

I personally think part of any achievement comes a certain amount of responsibility, not only to yourself but also to other people.

One should always give praise to those who helped you to achieve things in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment