Friday, October 29, 2010

Our favourite hobby - WINE TASTING


We absolutely love going on Wine Tastings. We are very priviledge to live in the Western Cape. There are a lot of Wine farms and estate across the Western Cape.


We have a big variety to choose from. The Red varieties are: Cinsaut, Pinotage, Caberet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Shiraz, Malbec, Pinot Noir and Merlot. The white varieties are Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Colombar, Muscat d' Alexandrie, Weisser Riesling, Gewurtztraminer and Cape Riesling.

You would need to go on a wine tasting and taste the different wines to decide which one you like. My husband and I like red wine. We have been to over 40 wine farms in the Western Cape. How do I know this? We collect the tasting glasses from the wine estates. We bought the wine glasses and it is exhibited in our Braai room. The tasting glass is like a photo, we will always remember we visited that specific farm.

My husband also proposed on a Wine Farm in Paarl, so we have special moments that we share at Wine farms.

Wine is also a good food source and also relaxes, which is need in this stressful times we live in.

I did a wine course that included the history of wine and a practical exam. My brother is a wine maker and my husband and I are wine lovers, so we will always have enough wine.

A friend of our visited our house for the first time and we have a wine rack that is always full of wine bottles. The friend walked past the wine rack and said, so I see you will never go thirsty.



No comments:

Post a Comment