Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wedding cake in-the-middle-of-the-road


The Wedding cake tradition dates back to the Roman Empire period. The groom broke a loaf of bread over the bride's head as a simple of his dominance in the marriage. Another tradition was to sleep with a piece of wedding cake under your pillow. It was believe that you would dream of your future spouse. The tradition was also that the wedding cake would be white to symbolise purity.


The cutting of the wedding cake is also a tradition, the bride and groom would cut the wedding cake together at the ceremony and this is their first task as husband and wife together and symbolises their togetherness.


There are a lot of these traditions that are not followed today still.


At my wedding my husband didn't break a loaf of bread over my head. I do belief like the Bible says that the husband is the head of the house, but not the head to dominate, but the head to be the leader of the family.


At my wedding the cake wasn't white, just because I don't like the white icing, it was a choclate mousse cake with strawberries. I wanted everyone to enjoy the cake. My husband and I did cut the cake together and we did feed each other a piece of cake. I felt that this was a moment where we did something together and this symbolised that we will always look after each other.


However I feel don't just do something because it is "tradition". A tradition that you don't even know why it became a tradition. Do something because it has special meaning to you and your husband.


If you don't want to do something at your wedding that people are not use to, it doesn't matter.


Do it because it is your choice, I always say you have to do everything on your wedding day that you want to, the way you want to. If you ever think back about your wedding day, you should be able I wouldn't want to change anything, it was exactly they way I wanted it.


So, don't let a wedding cake tradition stand in the middle of the road and be an obstruction. Enjoy every moment of planning, enjoy every moment you spent with your husband to be, enjoy the most perfect wedding day and enjoy your marriage, the way that God intended it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment