Monday, October 11, 2010

The Elephant in the Room


I have always been a fan of African Elephants. There is something about them, they are huge animals but walk very graciously.


The book "Fiela's Child" also made a big impact on me, when I was still young. Elephants was one of the main feautures in the book. They called the Elephants "BIG FOOT". The elephants lived in the Knysna Forest.


In 2003 my parents, my brothers and I went to Namibia for a holiday. One of the attractions we visited was the Mvango wildlife park on the boarder of Namibia and Botswana. We drove through the whole park looking for Elephants. We didn't see them, but one our way out, we drove into a troop of 50+ elephants. I was in awe, one of the most amazing moments of my life. I was in love with elephants.


I have an elephants ring, elephants made of wood, soft toy elephants and elephant ornaments. The elephants are in my room and in the TV room.


My husband also took me to the Knysna Elephant Park on our Honeymoon. I didn't only feed the elephants and touched them, I road on a Elephant. This was another great moment in my life.


So the Elephants is not only in a room, but in my room and part of my memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment